A New Layout in the Works

I have been thinking about several different options for a room-sized layout over the last four months. Everything from On30, Toy Train, and micro layouts.  I have decided to go back to my old freelanced model railroad company, the Owensville Terminal Railroad and HO scale.

Designed using SCARM

View of Stephenson Yard 

Das Station and Oak Hill 

The track plan for the Stephenson Branch is in the very early stages of development (see photos).   The concept is one I have thought about many times, but a recent railfanning trip has set my mind in this direction.  I had the opportunity to drive along an old branch line in southern Missouri which still handles grain traffic from local elevators.  This is my favorite type of railroad scene, and I have decided to pursue this type of operation on my fictitious branch line.

This track plan will surely change in the future as I begin building the new layout.  I am seriously considering using either code 70 or code 83 track for the layout.  This will require a major outlay of cash since I have little code 83 and no code 70 track on hand.  I still have a ton of code 100 track lying about from a previous layout, so it may get the nod in order to save on cost.  No final decision on the track yet.

I have also assembled the benchwork, and it has been in place for several months to test the room's functionality with other activities.  I am pleased with the arrangement so far.



Happy modeling
Tom

Comments

  1. Oops, didn't get a full thought out before hitting the publish button...

    I think this is a nice track plan and will provide plenty of hours of switching fun! Can't wait to see it take shape.
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Scott! Changes already in the works. I will be posting them soon.
      Tom

      Delete

Post a Comment