Gn15 Project Update 4

Wescott Mine & Mill Track Work

I worked on prepping the Atlas code 100 track tonight while listening to the YouTube Model Builders Live show.



The HO code 100 ties are not spaced correctly to represent narrow gauge track in G Scale, so modification is needed.  I noticed a modeling photo of someone* cutting out extra ties and doubling up several of them to give the track a more prototypical look.  It's a visual trick for sure, but I like the effect. This is a tedious process and care must be taken while using a #17 chisel blade to cut out the ties.

The turnout pictured above will be behind the backdrop and out of view (staging/fiddle track).

Once all of the ties have been cut and modified, I will be able to connect and glue the track down.

Happy modeling!
Tom




*I do not know the name of the person, but I want people to know the idea is not original with me.


Comments

  1. Interesting. I have thought about modeling Gn15. Did you give any thought to replacing the ties with wooden ones?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I did. I didn't have any wood ties available and was searching online when I came across an image of someone using modified Atlas code 100 track. Decided to give the modified commercial track a shot since this is a "get your feet wet" project. I plan on using wood ties for future Gn15 projects.

      Tom

      Delete

Post a Comment