The Return of a Layout?

Yep.  The old Owensville Terminal Railroad sectional layout may be coming back.

The impending move I have been anticipating for almost 3 years has finally arrived.  I have accepted the call to pastor a church that is out of my local area, and it will require me to move into a church parsonage.  I look forward to moving into that community, but I sure will miss the house we live in right now.  The next few months will be hectic as we get our house ready for the market, and my pastoral duties will also keep me very busy.  Model railroad work may be limited, but you can be sure it won't be shelved completely during this time.  After all, this hobby is great for relaxing!

This move also opens up some new possibilities.  Here is a short list:

  • A new house means new layout space.  The missus has already laid claimed to a great spot in the basement for her crafts, but that leaves me two other rooms on the main level. (more on that in a future post)
  • There is a good possibility the old 4' x 6' layout will be coming out of storage and running again.  Something to run and work on while planning a new sectional layout.
  • There will be room for both the Rural Grain Dealers Layout and The Car Shop Micro Layout in the new house.  Two more layouts to detail and work on while building that new sectional layout.


That is enough to keep me busy for several months.  Time to start packing!!

Happy modeling!
Tom


Comments

  1. Do you have a trackplanning or other pics of your 4x6?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John,

      I set up a page (see bar under header photo at top) with some pics and a track plan of the 4x6 layout. Thanks for asking!

      Tom

      Delete

Post a Comment