Owensville Terminal Micro Layout - Creating a Backdrop


I started on the backdrop for the Owensville Terminal Micro. I decided to use hardboard (Masonite) instead of the usual foamcore backdrop I use on my micro layouts. I wanted something a bit more durable for this project. I am using oil paints and the wet-on-wet painting technique made popular by Bob Ross to create an autumn scene. Nothing fancy or highly detailed, just something to give the layout visual depth.

My supplies 

Everything below the line will be hidden behind the baseboard 



Unpainted section will be hidden behind the baseboard 

I propped up the rear panel behind the baseboard to see how it looks. I like it! 


It will take 7 to 14 days for the paint to dry to the touch. In the meantime, I also need to paint two side panels that will be attached to the layout baseboard. 

Tom

Comments