Cornelius Peppermint Mine - Gn15


My Soggy Bottom Hollow Pizza Layout was put on hold due to the fact I knew I would not be able to finish it in time to enter it into the 2023 Micro Model Railroad Cartel Christmas Challenge. 

I decided to try a smaller pizza layout with a Christmas theme. I officially started on November 22, 2023 and had 8 days to finish it before the contest build period closed. I was able to complete it by the deadline!

Layout Progression Photos 

The following photos illustrate the layout build progression. Some days I worked on it for hours, and other days just a few minutes. Overall, I would estimate the total time of actual modeling to be around 10 - 12 hours.












Ian Holmes constructed a micro layout in seven days. His layout was a project he documented on his blog. The layout no longer exists, but the blog still does. You can find it at this link - 7 Day Model Railroad.  I could have finished mine well within seven days, but ended up skipping a couple of days to work on other things, so that didn't happen. Eight days to build a working micro layout was still a record build time for me. It usually takes me months, not days to build these micros!


Tom

Comments