A rare modeling day for me this past Friday. Modeling projects have been on hold due to an illness in my family.
The Monster Model Works Freight House Building Flat kit is assembled. Weathering the structure is next!
Sunday, September 9, 2018
Tuesday, May 8, 2018
Work progresses on the brick freight house building flat from Monster Model Works...
|Lightweight Spackle used for mortar lines.|
|Additional details added, but still a ways to go.|
Tuesday, April 10, 2018
Scratch building a mill structure for my Gn15 Wescott Mine and Mill display layout.
- The structure foundation is extruded foam carved to look like stones.
- The wall backing material is foamcore board (1/8 inch thickness)
- Wood planking is made from craft sticks cut to scale size (1:24)
- The smaller scale lumber are scraps from the craft stick cuttings. These were used on the conveyer housing.
- Isopropyl Alcohol was used to weather the wood (1 pint alcohol to 2 teaspoons India Ink).
- The support bent is made from 3/8" basswood. Sway bracing needs to be added, and then a coat of AI wash to weather it.
I'm fresh out of cut lumber, so back to the "mini" sawmill to make more!
Friday, March 9, 2018
A New Focus!
I have decided to switch the focus of this blog from general model railroading subjects to model structure builds. I'm doing this to eliminate the number of cross-posts on my various blogs and social media platforms. I have included my other blog links in the right column of this blog for those of you who are interested in my other model railroad ventures.
I'm looking forward to using this blog as an inspiration to build more structures.